A study suggests that 1 in 2 adult Americans live with a musculoskeletal condition. Musculoskeletal disorders affect the bones, joints, and muscles. A person’s risk of developing one increases with age. Other risk factors include poor work practices, malnutrition, and overall health habits.
A musculoskeletal condition can be excruciating and debilitating. Chiropractors in Santa Rosa are trained to treat different types of musculoskeletal conditions such as back and neck pain and osteoarthritis.
One of the most common questions that people seeking chiropractic treatment for their musculoskeletal disorder have is – how many chiropractic sessions do they need? In many cases, patients start noticing results after two to three visits to their chiropractor every week for a few weeks.
Studies show that about 12 treatment sessions with a chiropractor over a period of six weeks is usually enough to complete a treatment plan for back pain relief.
A chiropractor uses spinal manipulation and mobilization and joint manual therapies to relieve pain, restore motion, and prevent a recurrence. Some chiropractors use other forms of treatment (such as soft tissue therapies, physical therapy modalities, and exercise training) along with manipulative therapy.
In the absence of progressive worsening of a condition during chiropractic care, a treatment program can last for 2-4 weeks (three times every week). If the patient shows signs of recovery, the frequency of spinal manipulations is usually reduced over time.
Your chiropractor may:
- Advise you to perform exercises and stretches at home. Studies show that spinal manipulations when combined with exercises, produce the best outcomes.
- Recommend using back supports, pillows, or belts to better support your spine. They may also share tips for safe lifting, pulling, bending, and pushing.
- Will analyze your gait and sitting and standing posture. Based on their observations, the professional may recommend performing massages and stretches with a foam roller, or exercises with elastic bands. Planning to buy a good massage gun for pain relief
- Provide tips for creating healthy, blanched meals.
- Recommend using specialized shoe insoles to correct your posture.
Your chiropractor may order various tests, including an X-ray, MRI scan, EMG scan, urinalysis, and blood tests to detect spinal abnormalities.
Toth Chiropractic is a leading chiropractic clinic in Santa Rosa. Dr. Toth is known for his professionalism, empathy, and holistic chiropractic approach. Over the years, he has helped many people break the shackles of chronic pain. A member of the American Chiropractic Association, he uses chiropractic treatment to treat debilitating foot pain, neck pain, hip pain, and disk injuries. To schedule an appointment with him, call (707) 526-1390.