Shredded Chicken Sandwiches are a great springtime crock pot meal! They are easy to whip together in the morning and then easy to serve in the evening.
Toss everything in the pot and viola! dinner is served when you get home!
Today’s recipe – Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 8-ounce can of reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can of chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle, and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion, and garlic; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart for about 5 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred it with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well, and serve.
- Also delicious served over quinoa or salad.