I love pizza but always feel a little guilty about eating it. It is always salad and pizza. Boring and so high in calories! Then I was perusing the internet and found this gem. I promise, you’ll love it, even if you don’t love cauliflower.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese + additional for topping
- 1 egg
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- preferred toppings
- Rice the cauliflower – to do this, cut the florets and put them in a food processor, pulse until the cauliflower is the texture and consistency of sand. Then pop it in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 8 minutes. No need to add water, the cauliflower is moist enough that it will steam in the microwave.
- Add one cup of riced cauliflower, one cup of mozzarella, 1 egg, and desired amount of Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- On a cookie sheet, lay out some parchment paper. Place the entire mixture onto the parchment and use a fork to mash out the mixture to about 1/8″ thick in the shape that you desire.
- Place in the oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, until browned on the edges.
- Remove from the oven layer your toppings and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven again and let sit five minutes before enjoying.
*The above recipe makes one 9″ pizza. One medium-sized riced cauliflower will yield about 3-4 cups.
*Cook faster by shaping the pizzas into rectangles, instead of circles, and putting two on a cookie sheet – one topped for the adults and one for the kids!
*This pizza will not hold its shape, it must be eaten with a fork. Once it cools, it will hold its shape better.
This pizza makes great lunch leftovers! So make an extra to pack with you for lunch. You won’t be disappointed.
This recipe is tried and true by Ashley – Enjoy!