This is a veggie burger recipe that is amazing. It is perfect for a weeknight meal as the burgers can be made ahead of time and then cooked the night you’re ready to cook them.
Black Bean and Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- 1 can black beans (15.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (prepared according to package directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Drain and rinse the can of black beans. Make sure your quinoa is fully cooked and on hand! – You can also hydrate dried black beans overnight and use them in this recipe as well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans and cooked quinoa with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Using your hands or a fork, thoroughly mix the ingredients together, mashing the beans as you go. This will form a mixture that is easy to form into patties.
- Divide the mixture into four equal balls, and form each into a patty between 1/4 and 1/2 an inch thick.
- At this point, you can save the patties in the fridge until they’re ready to cook or continue on!
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, cook the patties in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil for 1 minute on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the saucepan to a 400-degree oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a whole-grain bun
Other serving options:
Serve over a bed of lettuce
Serve “bun-less” with a thick slice of tomato, lettuce, and melted mozzarella cheese
Serve over with goat cheese in a lettuce bun.
The possibilities are endless! Enjoy this little treat!